Notes: Use a cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws
Make and share this Halloween Worms recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, combine gelatins.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers; lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.