1/28 Photos of Halloween Worms
Linda Johansen's Note:
Notes: Use a cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine gelatins.
- 2Add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- 4Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
- 5Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- 6Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers; lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- 7Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- 8Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Worms
Serving Size: 1 (1092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flexible plastic straws
tall slender 4 cup container