Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Once upon a time, I was a volunteer firefighter. That was many years ago when I was in much better shape. However, this soup was made by the wife of another volunteer. Sometimes we just all pooled whatever we had, and on a cold night after fighting fire, this was mighty tasty!
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow squash, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup alphabet pasta
- Combine water, broth, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper and corn in sauce pan.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Add squash and macaroni; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.