Um Safia's Note:
If your looking for a tasty savory treat to serve this Halloween then you should try these! Very easy to make & really delicious, these will be gobbled up in no time. These also make great Thanksgiving nibbles...... Time to make doesn't include chill time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously flour two pieces of parchment paper; on each, roll out an unfolded pastry sheet to form a 15-by-13-inch rectangle, about 1/16 inch thick. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stir the paprika into the melted butter.
- 2Remove pastry from the refrigerator, and brush off excess flour. Spread a rectangle of pastry with mustard; sprinkle with both cheeses. Season with pepper. Lay a second pastry rectangle on top.
- 3Place a sheet of parchment on top of the stacked pastry; using a rolling pin, roll until smooth and pastry layers are sealed together. Remove parchment, and brush top of pastry with butter mixture. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 4With a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut into 18 to 24 shapes. Immediately place the shapes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using a sharp paring knife, score each shape four or five times to make pumpkin ridges. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Transfer puffs to a wire rack; let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween / Thanksgiving Savory Treats - Pumpkin Puffs!
Serving Size: 1 (851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g