This is delicious and easy to make. Great on crackers and with nachos.
Make and share this Halloween Swamp Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach leaves, stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onion, red pepper and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour; continue cooking 1 minute.
- Add broth and whipping cream.
- Continue cooking, stirring with wire whisk, until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in cheese, seasoning, yogurt, spinach and hot pepper sauce until spinach wilts and mixture is heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with crackers, bread slices or assorted vegetable sticks.