Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Strawberries dressed up for a Halloween party.
- 453.59 g carton strawberries
- 340.19 g bag white chocolate
- 340.19 g bag chocolate chips
- 28.34 g red decorating gel
- Wash strawberries and dry on paper towels.
- Melt the white chocolate and coat the strawberries, place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in freezer till cool. Melt the chocolate chips and coat the strawberries sides and back to look like a jacket.
- Pipe chocolate on the straberries white "shirt" to look like a bow and two buttons.
- To make a gunshot wound, poke a hole in the strawberries chest with a toothpick and decorate with red gel. Stab with a fringed toothpick or small plastic sword ment for drinks for an impaled strawberry. Beheaded strawberries can be made from adding red gel to the top of the strawberry.
I made these for a Halloween party and they were a hit and tasted delicous!! They take a long time to prepare and I made mine two days ahead and the strawberries got a little soggy so I had to do them over (so now I'm a pro) after preparing them I set them in an empty egg carton that I wrapped in foil so they looked like they were sitting up
I made these this weekend for a costume party and they were a hit! So clever and delicious... I had a little trouble initially covering the berries in the white chocolate, but once those were covered, the rest wasn't too hard.
I haven't made these, but wanted to comment that I've never seen anything like these before. You did such a good job!