Recipe by HollyLQuinn
Sort of a cross between a marshmallow treat and a candy apple. Disposable chopsticks make good sticks!
Top Review by Mandy ny
We had family home for a few weeks. us gals always get together with kids around Halloween and carve pumpkins. Usually we order a pizza and make a night out of it. This year we did the apples, what fun and the kids will never forget it they had a blast. Thanks for posting
- 4 apples
- 8 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon halloween candy sprinkles (optional)
- 4 wooden sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Stick a wooden stick into each apple.
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl, put marshmallows and butter, and heat on HIGH in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Heat for another 10 seconds and stir. Marshmallows should be smooth and pourable at this point, if not, heat in 10 second intervals until ready.
- While still very hot, dip each apple one at a time into the marshmallow (you may need to return to microwave for a few seconds if marshmallow starts to get stiff). Lightly roll each in crispy rice, and set on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet 1-2" apart.
- Reheat any leftover marshmallows (you may need to add one or two at this point). With a spoon, drizzle remaining marshmallow over apples, giving them a "spiderweb" look. While still hot, put sprinkles on the coating, if desired.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. These are very sticky, but tasty!