This is a traditional treat I make for my family every Halloween. I hope that you enjoy it, too.
Make and share this Halloween Spider Web Munch recipe from Food.com.
- Heat chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, stir vigorously until smooth.
- Put cereal in a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup melted chocolate mixture to cereal, stir to coat well.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a small spatula, shape into a 10-inch circle with slightly raised, 1-inch wide border.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture in center of circle; spread to border.
- FOR SPIDERWEB: place remaining peanut butter into small plastic bag.
- Cut tiny hole on one corner of bag, squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of chocolate.
- Using wooden pick or tip of sharp knife, pull tip through peanut butter from center to border.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into wedges.
This recipe looked and tasted awesome. Thanks!
I made this for a school Halloween luncheon. At first, I was dissapointed because I couldn't get it in the shape of a spiderweb. So, I mixed it all in a bowl, spooned out in plastic spoons, chilled in the fridge overnight and called it "Scoop-O-Poop". It was a great hit!
This looked awesome! And a tip to keep the bag from splitting when piping the peanut butter. Warm it in the micro for 10 seconds b/4 using. My hubby and I stuck a plastic spider and fly on this, it looked great! The only thing was that this was overly rich for our tastes. Too much chocolate and since I love chocolate so much I thought I'd never say that:-)