Turn simple sandwiches into an impressive Halloween spread. We like to serve these with hot pumpkin or squash soup.
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 4 pimento stuffed olives
- Slice each of the 4 olives in half. Set aside.
- Spread 1 oz cream cheese on 4 of the slices of pumpernickel.
- Chop remaining olives and divide evenly, spreading over top of the 4 cream cheese-topped slices.
- Top 4 sandwiches with remaining slices. Using a knife or large cookie cutter, cut each into a pumpkin shape.
- Use small dots of cream cheese to attach eyes of reserved sliced olives.
- VARIATION: Following directions above, make pumpkin-shaped peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Use dots of peanut butter to attach raisins for eyes and mouth.
- Serve with slices of pumpkin bread cut into spooky shapes with cookie cutters, if desired.
We loved these Halloween sandwiches!