I came across this recipe in an older magazine tonight and it looked so cute that I had to post it! Cooking time is actually freezing time.
- 1 pint Orange sherbet, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 premade oreo pie crust
- 9 Oreo cookies, chopped
- Place sherbet in a bowl; stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping until well blended.
- Spoon into premade Oreo cookie crust. Sprinkle with chopped Oreos, pressing firmly into sherbet.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with finely chopped Oreo cookies and candy pumpkins, if desired.
- NOTE: For a more intense orange color, stir in a few drops each of red and yellow food coloring to the sherbet mixture.
This was a hit at work today with the big kids at the office! Everyone detected and loved the orange sherbet flavor. I'm positive most little kids would love this! Thanks, Mom2Rose! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap #21.