My sister Carol has made these for her boys since they were little and both they and their friends loved them. Now the boys are in college, they just "have to have" them every Halloween.... so Carol sends them care packages. (Number of cookies is estimate)
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating til fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well between additions.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop upto 1/4 c cookie dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet; shape into "pumpkin-shape" with spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Decorate with icing and assorted candies, raisins, and/or nuts.