I saw this on Giada at Home on the Food Network. It looks yummy and you could use whatever candies and nuts you have on hand. You could also probably use unbuttered microwave popcorn instead of popping your own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn (kernels)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups mini marshmallows (12 oz)
- 6 (15 g) fun-size Snickers candy bars, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 (3 inch) chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped salted almond
- 1/2 cup orange and black M&M'
- 1Spray the inside of a large mixing bowl with vegetable cooking spray, and lightly spray a baking sheet. Set aside.
- 2In a 3 quart or larger, heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil and popcorn over medium-high heat. Cover the pan and shake gently. Cook until all the kernels have popped, about 3 minutes. Place the popcorn in the prepared bowl.
- 3In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over low heat. Add the vanilla extract and marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Using a spatula, sprayed with cooking spray, stir until the popcorn is coated.
- 4Spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the Snickers pieces, cookies, almonds and M & M's. Using a spatula, gently press the toppings into the popcorn.
- 5Allow the mixture to dry for 1 hour. Break into 2 inch pieces and store airtight in a plastic container.
- 6For party favors, place in small plastic bags and tie with colored ribbon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Popcorn Treats
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.0
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate chip cookies