1/8 Photos of Halloween Poke Cake
I have long been a fan of other "poke cakes", because the fruity gelatins make the cake incredibly moist and give it a nice burst of flavor. I thought this would be a nice rendition for Halloween. It comes from Quick Cooking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a 9X13 baking pan.
- 2Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- 3In small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water and then stir in cold water.
- 4With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 inches apart in all directions.
- 5Slowly pour gelatin over cake.
- 6Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- 7For frosting, in a small mixing bowl cream butter until fluffy.
- 8Beat in confectioners sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- 9Spread over cake.
- 10Top with candied pumpkins.
- 11Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 421.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 71.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: