Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's Pasta with Cream Sauce but with a serious HALLOWEEN TWIST!!
- 453.59 g pasta
- green food coloring
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 591.47 ml whole milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- orange food coloring
- 4.92 ml black sesame seed
- Add 10-20 Drops of Green Food Coloring to the boiling water which you are cooking the pasta inches.
- If you want it more Green, add more food coloring to pasta after you drain it and stir. It will absorb the color and create some darker and lighter strands.
- Melt Butter in a small sauce pan and Add Flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add Milk and stir/whisk until incorporated.
- Add Salt and Pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in Cheese.
- Add 10 Drops or Orange Food Coloring.
- Spoon Orange Cream Sauce over Green Pasta and Sprinkle with Black Sesame Seeds.
I LOVE this technique/idea of coloring the pasta. And you can so easily buy store bought cream sauce and make it orange for a really easy dinner. I added more green coloring after the pasta was cooked to achieve a strong green color. I first discovered this recipe on Nikki Dinki Cooking's facebook page and was happy to find the whole recipe here. All her videos and pages are great!