Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's Pasta with Cream Sauce but with a serious HALLOWEEN TWIST!!
Make and share this Halloween Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pasta
- green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- orange food coloring
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- Add 10-20 Drops of Green Food Coloring to the boiling water which you are cooking the pasta inches.
- If you want it more Green, add more food coloring to pasta after you drain it and stir. It will absorb the color and create some darker and lighter strands.
- Melt Butter in a small sauce pan and Add Flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add Milk and stir/whisk until incorporated.
- Add Salt and Pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in Cheese.
- Add 10 Drops or Orange Food Coloring.
- Spoon Orange Cream Sauce over Green Pasta and Sprinkle with Black Sesame Seeds.
I LOVE this technique/idea of coloring the pasta. And you can so easily buy store bought cream sauce and make it orange for a really easy dinner. I added more green coloring after the pasta was cooked to achieve a strong green color. I first discovered this recipe on Nikki Dinki Cooking's facebook page and was happy to find the whole recipe here. All her videos and pages are great!