Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
My kids are "freaky" over this.
Make and share this Halloween Party Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (11 ounce) package pretzels
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature peanut butter filled butter flavor crackers (I use Ritz)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package M&M's
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package candy corn
- In a large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour over pretzel mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Break apart while warm.
- Cool completely.
- Toss with M&M's and candy corn.
- Store in airtight container.
Made this because I was looking for a Halloween snack. Turned out great. Very colorful. We liked the sugar coating which gave it a great taste and crunch. My kids were impressed. Thanks Nurse Di.
I made this as a snack for my kids. However, my biggest kid (husband) couldn't stop eating them. Yummy, crunchy, sweet and salty. The candy corn an M&M's give great color and taste. A big hit at our house. I am going to have to make more and hide it from my husband. Thanks Nurse Di.
I rated this 3 stars because I brought it to work in a tin and it took 3 days before it was all eaten. This made me think that people thought it was just so-so. From experience, if something is really tasty at work it will be gone in half a day.