Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The addition of the Ritz Bitz crackers makes this different from any other mix that I have the recipe for so I thought I would share.
- 1 1⁄2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups Ritz Bits miniature crackers (peanut butter or cheese filled)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's (orange and black ones for Halloween or any other color you choose)
- 4 cups candy corn
- In a large bowl combine pretzels, crackers and peanuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medum heat.
- Boil for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will foam.
- Pour the liquid mixture over pretzel mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour mixture onto a LARGE greased baking sheet (I line mine with parchment paper to prevent sticking).
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Break apart while warm.
- Toss with M & M's and candy corn and cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
It is cooling now, and tastes great! I wasn't expecting the foaming to continue as it baked, but once it came out of the oven and I broke it apart, it was fine.