Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Slightly altered recipe from Kaboose.com; they got this neat treat from "the book Halloween Tricks and Treats by Matthew Mead (Time Inc. Home Entertainment, 2008)"
- 12 ounces premium white baking chocolate
- 8 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- orange food coloring
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- chocolate nonpareils (for garnish)
- Coarsely chop the premium white chocolate, transfer to a medium-size heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Heat milk in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, until bubbles begin to form at edge of surface, about 4 minutes.
- Immediately pour milk over chocolate.
- When chocolate begins to melt, stir until combined. Whisk in vanilla extract and 2 drops orange food color; whisk until a light foam forms on surface.
- Pour into 10 mugs, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate nonpareils, and serve immediately.
My son favorite color is orange. He love this hot chocolate. He asked me to make some more, but I did not have enough white chocolate left.