Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A project I created for my Japanese Language class. A nice combination of chocolate and orange.
- 1 cup mochiko sweet rice flour
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- food coloring (if the orange juice isn't appealing in color)
- 20 Hershey chocolate kisses (I used dark chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons sweetened cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Mix Mochiko, orange juice and sugar in a bowl just until combined.
- Lightly spray 8x8" pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes; if microwave does not rotate, turn pan after 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove plastic wrap; Mochi is done when center is firm.
- Let cool completely. (I suggest even putting it into the fridge for 10 minutes).
- Divide mochi into 20 (or so) pieces; wrap a kiss in the mochi (wet hands between making each treat so that the mochi doesn't stick to fingers).
- Roll mochi in cocoa (will only last 2-3 days).