Recipe by Patriotic AF Wife
I've made a variation of this for the past two years for Halloween dinner. We enjoy carving the 'pumpkins' and eating the 'worms'.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is just awesome! I LOVE this idea, its cute and fun and so easy, too! I liked that these are more on the cute side of spooky. :)
I made one change in that I topped my filled o'lanterns with cheese and baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes. That way the bell pepper got a bit softer and developed some spooky brown spots. A HUGE hit, thank you so much for sharing!
- 6 -8 medium orange bell peppers, washed and dried
- 8 ounces orzo pasta or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (25 ounce) jar pasta sauce, warmed (I love Mezzetta Napa Valley Bistro Tomato and Basil sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Carve each bell pepper as you would a Jack-O-Lantern, cutting the top off and hollowing out the inside before carving a face.
- Discard the tops.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain Pasta.
- Mix pasta with warm sauce and spoon into each individual pepper, making sure the pasta 'oozes' out the eyes, mouth, and top of pepper.
- Serve with breadstick 'bones'--tie a knot at the end of each breadstick, bake, and enjoy!