Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've made a variation of this for the past two years for Halloween dinner. We enjoy carving the 'pumpkins' and eating the 'worms'.
- 6-8 medium orange bell peppers, washed and dried
- 226.79 g orzo pasta or 226.79 g spaghetti
- 708.73 g jar pasta sauce, warmed (I love Mezzetta Napa Valley Bistro Tomato and Basil sauce)
- Carve each bell pepper as you would a Jack-O-Lantern, cutting the top off and hollowing out the inside before carving a face.
- Discard the tops.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain Pasta.
- Mix pasta with warm sauce and spoon into each individual pepper, making sure the pasta 'oozes' out the eyes, mouth, and top of pepper.
- Serve with breadstick 'bones'--tie a knot at the end of each breadstick, bake, and enjoy!
Great idea and cleverness. I enjoy making treats for my child and nephew. Thank you!
This is just awesome! I LOVE this idea, its cute and fun and so easy, too! I liked that these are more on the cute side of spooky. :)
I made one change in that I topped my filled o'lanterns with cheese and baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes. That way the bell pepper got a bit softer and developed some spooky brown spots. A HUGE hit, thank you so much for sharing!
A HUGE hit for my daughter's Spooky Sleepover Bday Party! My husband had so much fun carving a different face on each pepper, and it was the perfect serving size for young girls. Just gruesome enough that it stayed with the theme, but spaghetti's familiar enough that the kids readily ate them. Thank you SO much for posting this terrific idea!