Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This is a great tasting and scary meatloaf. Our guests got a big kick out of it. I prefer to bake my meatloaf on a slotted broiler pan to let the grease drip off. You can use spicy sausage but I prefer mild sausage.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon corn kernel
- 2 pickles, slices
- 3 black olives, halved
- 2 small slice green bell peppers
- 2 cups ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the ground beef, sausage, onion, saltine cracker crumbs, beaten eggs, and cajun seasoning in a bowl until well combined. In a large baking dish, form the meat loaf mixture into a Halfling shape, with a large head, 2 stubby legs, and 2 upraised arms.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatloaf is no longer pink inside and just starting to turn brown, about 1 hou. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165°F.
- To decorate the meatloaf's head, pick out about 14 corn kernels and arrange them into teeth. Place 1 small green pepper slice on each side of the creature's head for ears; place two pickle slices on the face for eyes; then place 2 black olive halves for the nose. Surround the monster with a background of ketchup "blood", and bake until browned, about 10 minutes more.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. Just before serving, stick a paring knife in the meatloaf's body, and decorate it with a little ketchup "blood".