Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made up this recipe myself. Kids like this because it is "ugly monster bread" It is a good way to get kids to eat fruit and not know it. Good with hot dogs and beans for a rustic autumn taste. The dessert will have a green look for Halloween. Yes the bread will be green or red if you wish it to be less green or red then drain the fruit and add 1/2 cup of milk.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 1⁄2 ounces oregon brand blueberries (do not drain)
- Bake 425°F oven 20-25 minutes (I have good luck in a greased cast iron fry pan) to make the edges crispy may drain berries if so.
- Add 1/2 cup milk.
- The bread will crack and pull from the side of the pan.
- Also can use Oregon brand name canned strawberries to make red.