Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Land-O-Lakes recipe colledtion, Harvest Baking, 2008
Make and share this Halloween Fruity Mummy Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 (4 7/8 ounce) boxes yogurt striped fruit flavored rolls, 12 rolls
- black decorator frosting
- mini chocolate chip
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Reduce speed to low, add flour and coconut. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Divide dough into 36 1 inch balls. Shape each ball into 2 1/4 inch long logs. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
- Cut each fruit roll onto 3 pieces. Starting at top of each cookie, wrap 1 fruit roll piece around each cookie, stretching slightly to cover. Leave small opening near top for eyes. Place onto waxed paper. Use black decorator gel to adhere mini chocolate chips for eyes on each cookie. Store loosely covered container between sheets of waxed paper up to 2 days.
- For making a Ghost, omit fruit roll. Roll each cookie in sifted powdered sugar while warm. Cool; roll each in powdered sugar again. Add eyes as directed.