Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made for the Halloween Today show , these would be good anytime! From the Today's Kitchen cookbook.
- 4 slice wheat bread (or use a mix of wheat, white and rye or pumpernickle bread for a variety of "fingers")
- 59.14-78.07 ml pimiento cheese spread (or use chicken salad, or roast beef)
- 1 tomatoes
- Madke sandwiches on bread using the cheese or filling you wish.
- Trim the crusts from the sandwiches and cut into long, narrow "fingers".
- Carve a slice of tomato skin into a fingernail and attach it to the ends of the fingers with mayonnaise.
- Place cuts at the bottom of the finger sandwich with a serrated blade that's been smeared with red food coloring. Serve and enjoy!
I adapted this very slightly ( as DD wanted to have them for lunch at kindy).
We made cheese and Marmite fingers, and instead of tomato fingernails, we put a blob of Marmite on the end to make black spooky fingernails.
She love them!!! Roll on next Halloween.
Made for PRMR.