Bertha C.'s Note:
I got this from a magazine several years ago. I make them each year during the autumn season. I find that I need to bake them a little longer than instructed, possibly due to our high altitude in Utah. I also use a little red/yellow food coloring in the frosting to give it an orange cast and decorate each with a few candy corns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, water, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- 2Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour batter into 18 paper-lined muffin cups.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- 5Cool 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from pan and place on wire rack until complete cool.
- 7For frosting: Cream together all ingredients until smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 118.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: