Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from a magazine several years ago. I make them each year during the autumn season. I find that I need to bake them a little longer than instructed, possibly due to our high altitude in Utah. I also use a little red/yellow food coloring in the frosting to give it an orange cast and decorate each with a few candy corns.
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, water, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into 18 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack until complete cool.
- For frosting: Cream together all ingredients until smooth.