Recipe by Candy in Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Another recipe from the Tesco magazine, haven't tried it yet, but I will make it without the added extras i.e. the icing licorice.
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 100 g butter
- 200 g rich dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 200 g crispy rice cereal
- coloured icing
- red licorice string (for legs)
- jelly beans (for eyes) or fruit candy, flavored sweetssweets (for eyes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a pan and heat gently.
- Finely chop the chocolate and add to pan.
- Stir until melted (taking care not to let the mixture get too hot). Stir in the peanut butter.
- Add crispy rice and combine well.
- Put the mixture on a tray and chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and roll into 8 balls of equal size. Now let the kids loose with the decorating!