1/2 Photos of Halloween Cinnamon Twists
2 hrs 15 mins
I don't know why they are called "Halloween" twists. I make them year round. Cook time includes rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl.
- 2In a saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter.
- 3(Cut the butter into small pieces for easier melting.).
- 4Heat to 110F or lukewarm but not too hot for the yeast mixture.
- 5Add milk mixture with the eggs and 2 cups flour to the dissolved yeast.
- 6Beat until smooth.
- 7Beat in the remaining flour.
- 8The dough will be soft and sticky.
- 9Let rise for about 1 hour.
- 10Stir down.
- 11Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface.
- 12Roll in flour to coat.
- 13Gently roll into an 8 by 24-inch rectange.
- 14With a sharp, floured knife cut into 1-inch crosswise strips.
- 15Bring ends of strips together and twist strands loosely.
- 16Let rise on floured board or pan for 20 to 30 minutes until almost doubled.
- 17Heat 1-inch oil in a skillet to 350°F Fry on both sides, about 3 minutes total.
- 19Coat in sugar and spice mixture.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Cinnamon Twists
Serving Size: 1 (1549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2195.9
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 313.4 mg
- Sodium 1538.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 402.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 151.5 g
- Protein 47.7 g