1/1 Photo of Halloween Cheddar Fondue (for the adults)
Fondues are back and what a better time to try one than Halloween. You can serve this outdoors while watching the little nippers and the fireworks. It tastes great
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can dry cider or 1 (12 ounce) can non-alcoholic beer
- 1 lb sharp Canadian cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons dry English-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 lb) loaf heavy whole wheat bread or 1 (1 lb) loaf crusty rye bread, cut into 1" cubes,cut so each cube has a bit of crust and air dry for 2 hours
- 1Heat the cider or beer to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- 2Toss together the cheese and the cornstarch.
- 3Add cheese in large handfuls to the simmering liquid.
- 4When the fondue is creamy (you may have to stir once), combine the butter, mustard,& worcestershire and add to the fondue.
- 5Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until silky& smooth.
- 6Season with cayenne and place in a table top fondue dish and place over heater.
- 7Keep the fondue at a gentle simmer.
- 8Guests then spear the bread dip in the hot fondue and MMMmmmmm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Cheddar Fondue (for the adults)
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 462.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sharp Canadian cheddar cheese