Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just watch the look on the trick or treaters faces when you pop one of these in their sack. When I was a kid this was the ultimate goodie.
- Butter a large microproof casserole dish, be generous with the butter.
- Butter a piece of waxed paper and cover a cookie sheet with it.
- Push a wooden popsicle stick in each apple through the stalk.
- Unwrap the caramels (this is the most time consuming).
- Place them with water in the casserole dish.
- Microwave on medium High (70% power) for 4 minutes.
- Stir well and microwave on medium high (70% power) until the caramels are melted.
- Blend in the cinnamon.
- Dip each apple in the caramel, turning to coat evenly.
- Place apples on waxed paper until set.
- If the caramel thickens as you work return it to the microwave and reheat.
- Wrap each apple in plastic wrap completely covering the apple so when it is thrown into the treat bag it won't stick to everything else.
- NB You can also do this recipe using a double boiler it just takes a little longer but the results are the same.
Yummy! My kids and I made these this afternoon and they're very tasty! The cinnamon adds a little extra flavor! We'll be making these again I'm sure!
The taste was great, but was too liquidy. The mixture slid off my apples. Simply decrease the water by 1 tbsp. and it should help.