1/1 Photo of Halloween Can't Leave Alone Bars
Hotmitts Houlihan's Note:
From a cake mix! Easy and impressive! This version of the recipe from Taste Of Homes' Cake Mix Creations, has slightly more specific instructions and added ingredients than another recipe posted here. I'm sure they taste just the same, but I wanted to get this tried and true recipe in for my own records. I've used this for HALLOWEEN and CHRISTMAS with different food colorings for either the crust or the top batter or both, and have left plain for everyday. Bonus: They freeze very well. I've also found that they need to be cut smaller than your average bar size as they're very rich.(and I love chocolate!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil.
- 3With floured hands, press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. (I like to line my pan with parchment or use non stick butter & flour spray.).
- 4Set aside remaining 1/3 cake mixture.(Optional: Add food coloring to this remaining 1/3 batter until desired color.
- 5In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk,chocolate chips and butter.
- 6Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-60 seconds longer or until chips and butter are melted; Pour over crust.
- 7Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture randomly over top.
- 8Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9Cool before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Can't Leave Alone Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1831.9
- Calories from Fat 810
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 226.6 mg
- Sodium 1483.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 243.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 197.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g