Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This bar recipe is made from leftover Halloween candy bars. I originally came across this recipe back in 2003 at the Mr. Food recipe website. I did however, add a bit more of the chopped candy bars to the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, then gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups of chopped candy.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup chopped candy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. I baked mine for exactly 25 minutes.
- *Note: For this recipe, I used fun-size candy bars, Milky Way, Three Musketeers, Butter Fingers, Kit Kat, 100 Grand, plus Fun-size plain M&M's.
Leftover candy bars in our house, yeah, right! This makes a great, chewy bar cookie, and you are only limited by your imagination. I used a combination of Israeli candy bars, actually went out and bought a combo mini bar bag. It was just a tad too sweet, must be all that candy, so I made this a second time cutting the sugar back to a heaped 1/2 cup. Perfection!