Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is a whole lot of fun - for kids and adults. I have used cream cheese icing instead of the canned vanilla frosting.
- 609.51 g package fudge brownie mix
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml oil
- 1 egg
- 453.59 g container vanilla frosting
- 120.48 g packagebrown decorating icing
- 1 large black gumdrop
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 12-inch round pizza pan with foil; grease foil.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package, using the water, oil and egg; spread in foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes; do not overbake; cool completely.
- Frost brownie with vanilla frosting.
- Make a spider web by piping the decorating icing in a spiral pattern, using the round tip; start the spiral pattern at the outside and keep the lines about ¾ inch apart; using a toothpick or knife, draw lines outward through frosting starting at center of brownie.
- To make spider, cut gumdrop crosswise into thirds; place smaller rounded end on brownie, rounded side up, to form body of spider; cut 4 thin strips from each remaining gumdrop slice to form legs; Place next to spider body.
I used a plastic spider for the spider and it looked so cool on the buffet table. Everyone tasted and got all kinds of great comments on how good the brownies were! I added nuts in ours, because at our house, a brownie is naked without nuts!
Made this for Halloween last year. It was a hit with the kids. Very sweet, but that is what the kiddos were wanting, so it certainally was eaten up fast! I loved how easy it was to decorate to match the halloween theme. Thanks!