Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, starting on a low speed and gradually on a higher speed.
- Then start adding the sugar, a tablespoon at the time, keep beating until you have a thick and glossy meringue.
- Line baking trays with paper.
- Using a piping bag with a plain nozzle, pipe a straight meringue bone/line of approx 4 inch long, pipe 2 meringue balls at each end of the bone/line.
- Take of any pointy bits meringue on the balls with a small knife or use scissors.
- Bake the bones for 1 ¼ to 1-½ hours until they have dried out, let them cool on the paper.
- If you like the bones to look more brittle, then mix in some chopped nuts.
- The yield will depend on how large you make the bones and on the size of the nozzle.