1/5 Photos of Halloween Bones
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These sweet bones are easy to make and look great on a plate with some cobweb and black spiders!!!
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2Beat the egg whites until stiff, starting on a low speed and gradually on a higher speed.
- 3Then start adding the sugar, a tablespoon at the time, keep beating until you have a thick and glossy meringue.
- 4Line baking trays with paper.
- 5Using a piping bag with a plain nozzle, pipe a straight meringue bone/line of approx 4 inch long, pipe 2 meringue balls at each end of the bone/line.
- 6Take of any pointy bits meringue on the balls with a small knife or use scissors.
- 7Bake the bones for 1 ¼ to 1-½ hours until they have dried out, let them cool on the paper.
- 8If you like the bones to look more brittle, then mix in some chopped nuts.
- 9The yield will depend on how large you make the bones and on the size of the nozzle.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Bones
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g