A recipe found in the UK's Independent newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin the peppers if you prefer them that way, although this is not necessary if you can't be bothered.
- 2Open out each grilled pepper by making a cut down one side and trim the tops and bottoms off so you have a strip.
- 3Sprinkle over some lemon zest and juice, divide the chilli, oregano and olives between them.
- 4Place the halloumi on the pepper and roll the pepper around the cheese.
- 5Secure with a cocktail stick and press down with the palm of your hand so they flatten slightly.
- 6Heat the barbeque and cook the peppers on both sides for 5 minutes or until they start to char and the cheese is softening and browning at the ends.
- 7You can do this inside on a griddled frying pan or under your oven grill as well.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloumi Wrapped in Red Pepper With Lemon and Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: