Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe found in the UK's Independent newspaper.
- 4 red peppers, roasted whole until softened
- 200 g halloumi cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 olives, cut into slivers
- Skin the peppers if you prefer them that way, although this is not necessary if you can't be bothered.
- Open out each grilled pepper by making a cut down one side and trim the tops and bottoms off so you have a strip.
- Sprinkle over some lemon zest and juice, divide the chilli, oregano and olives between them.
- Place the halloumi on the pepper and roll the pepper around the cheese.
- Secure with a cocktail stick and press down with the palm of your hand so they flatten slightly.
- Heat the barbeque and cook the peppers on both sides for 5 minutes or until they start to char and the cheese is softening and browning at the ends.
- You can do this inside on a griddled frying pan or under your oven grill as well.