Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with a salad, bread or rice.
- 700 g tender leeks, trimmed to give 450g
- 225 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Slice leeks fairly finely. Cut the cheese into slice about 8mm thick then cut each slice in half to make squarish pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, put in the cheese and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on one side, then flip the pieces over and fry the other side.
- Drain the cheese on kitchen paper and leave on one side.
- Put the leeks in the frying pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until they are just tender. Then add the cumin seeds and stir for a moment or two longer. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the cheese back into the pan with the leeks and heat through for a few minutes.
- Serve on warm plates.