Missy Wombat's Note:
Serve with a salad, bread or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice leeks fairly finely. Cut the cheese into slice about 8mm thick then cut each slice in half to make squarish pieces.
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan, put in the cheese and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on one side, then flip the pieces over and fry the other side.
- 3Drain the cheese on kitchen paper and leave on one side.
- 4Put the leeks in the frying pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until they are just tender. Then add the cumin seeds and stir for a moment or two longer. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Put the cheese back into the pan with the leeks and heat through for a few minutes.
- 6Serve on warm plates.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloumi With Spiced Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: