Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with a salad, bread or rice.
Make and share this Halloumi With Spiced Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- Slice leeks fairly finely. Cut the cheese into slice about 8mm thick then cut each slice in half to make squarish pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, put in the cheese and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on one side, then flip the pieces over and fry the other side.
- Drain the cheese on kitchen paper and leave on one side.
- Put the leeks in the frying pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until they are just tender. Then add the cumin seeds and stir for a moment or two longer. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the cheese back into the pan with the leeks and heat through for a few minutes.
- Serve on warm plates.