I made this for my mother last week, we both enjoyed it very much. So I thought why not post it here. Someone else may enjoy it also.
- 6 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into thick fingers (1 inch wide X 2 inch long)
- 1 cup mixed greens, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄4 onion, small, sweet (vidalli)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried, sliced in half
- 1 carrot, small, sweet, rinsed, dried and peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, sweet, rinsed, dried, thinly sliced
- 12 slices sausage, kolbasa, thinly sliced (may use pork or turkey)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (garnish)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, fresh, chopped (dressing ingred start here)
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (cayenne)
- 1 garlic clove, small, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, white
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, virgin
- In a non stick pan, add the cheese finger, and turn on all sides to acheive a golden brown crust.
- Remove cheese from pan and set aside until needed.
- On a salad plate add the lettuce, then the onion, tomatoe, carrot, red pepper slices and kolbasa.
- Add the cheese slices last and garnish with the green onion.
- Now I add all the dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour over the salad, adding as much or as little as you prefer and enjoy!