Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for my mother last week, we both enjoyed it very much. So I thought why not post it here. Someone else may enjoy it also.
- 6 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into thick fingers (1 inch wide X 2 inch long)
- 1 cup mixed greens, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄4 onion, small, sweet (vidalli)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried, sliced in half
- 1 carrot, small, sweet, rinsed, dried and peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, sweet, rinsed, dried, thinly sliced
- 12 slices sausage, kolbasa, thinly sliced (may use pork or turkey)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (garnish)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, fresh, chopped (dressing ingred start here)
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (cayenne)
- 1 garlic clove, small, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, white
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, virgin
- In a non stick pan, add the cheese finger, and turn on all sides to acheive a golden brown crust.
- Remove cheese from pan and set aside until needed.
- On a salad plate add the lettuce, then the onion, tomatoe, carrot, red pepper slices and kolbasa.
- Add the cheese slices last and garnish with the green onion.
- Now I add all the dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour over the salad, adding as much or as little as you prefer and enjoy!
STUNNING! I picked this as I KNEW I would love it, as it has all my favourite ingredients in ONE salad! I only subbed one thing, I used sliced chorizo sausage in place of Kolbasa. Garnished the finished salad with a sprig of fresh oregano for the final flourish and tucked in to eat this with pita breads and other cold cuts on the side. Made for the Magic of Herbs in the Photo's Forum and the Recipe Swap in the Aus/NZ forum, #41. LOVE your recipes ma leettle BK darlink! We must be long lost sisters! :rofl: Merci encore, FT:-)
What a delicious salad and so full of everything wonderful. My first time to have halloumi cheese and it was definitely worth the wait. Loved the addition of the sausage as well. Soooo good!