Recipe by keeney
Ricardo Summer 2008 I don't know why, but Zarr isn't picking up on my number of bell peppers. Have tried every which way. Supposed to be 2. AND it should be a separate line ... not cheese OR peppers
- 3⁄4 lb halloumi cheese, cut into 16 pieces or 2 red bell peppers, cored and cut into 8 strips each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, soak the cheese in cold water for 1 hour to remove some of the salt. Drain.
- In a bowl, toss the pepper strips with the oil, vinegar, garlic and rosemary. Coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high.
- Thread the end of a pepper strip and a piece of cheese onto a skewer. Bend the other end of the pepper to skewer it around the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and skewers.
- Place the brochettes on the grill, pepper side down, and grill for 2 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or warm.