Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
The combination of mango with the Halloumi cheese is very nice. It serves four as a starter, we have it often for the two of us as a maincourse with some nice bread, oh and don't forget the wine!! The source is The Vegetarian Society
- 9 ounces halloumi cheese
- 6 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, peeled,stoned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 5 fluid ounces natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- mint leaf, to garnish
- Cut the halloumi into eight slices and then cut each in half.
- Coat in the seasoned flour and put aside.
- Arrange the salad leaves on two or four serving plates and place slices of mango on top.
- To make the dressing, mix the chopped mint, yoghurt and lemon juice together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle and quickly fry the halloumi for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Arrange the pieces of halloumi on each bed of leaves and drizzle with a little of the dressing.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and mint sprigs and serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.
My DH & I both enjoyed this! My husband doesn`t eat anything goat!!This is the first time we had this cheese. Expensive $8.00 for 8 ounces!It`s worth it! I bought 2 and froze one. In the salad dressing I also added fresh basil and chopped up cucumbers. LOTS of pepper. The 2 of us ate the whole salad. AND HE doesn`t eat salad! And all I have to say is put mango in anything and you have a great dish! I also topped it with some sugared pecans! Thanks for for the new cheese experience(to us).
Delicious!! I never would have expected this combination to work so well, but we just can't get enough of this now that we've discovered this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Extraordinarily good! I'd never eaten halloumi before; it does pair wonderfully with the mango. Thanks for posting.