Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice snack
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
For the Filling
- 1 halloumi cheese, grated
- dry chopped mint
- 3 eggs
- Mix the grated Halloumi with the mint and the beaten eggs and set aside.
- Mix the flour with salt, combine with the oil and water until it.
- becomes a soft dough.
- If needed add more water.
- Roll out the dough until it is sufficiently thin, then cut into circles approximately 75mm/3 in across.
- Brush each piece with beaten egg, and add a spoonful of filling.
- Fold over the dough so as to enclose the filling and press the edges until they are sealed.
- Finally, deep fry them in very hot oil until golden brown.
Didn't have mint, but it turned out really good! Making this again soon!!