Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I bought a bucket of halloumi. This is one of the recipes I have earmarked as I make my way through the cheese...
- 500 g plain flour
- 15 g salt
- 20 g instant yeast
- 80 ml olive oil
- 90 ml milk
- 90 ml tepid water
- 150 g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, milk and water together to form a smooth dough.
- Knead until smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Break down the dough and mix in the halloumi and dried mint.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC/gas 8.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack.
- Serve the halloumi bread with an olive salad.
Fantastic bread! I reduced the mint to 1 1/2 tablespoons and added a little extra halloumi. We loved it--thanks for posting!