Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nigella Express; very messy
- 1⁄4 cup garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 24 ounces halloumi cheese, drained
- Combine the oil, parsley, lime juice, and pepper (a good grinding) in a large shallow dish.
- Slice the drained halloumi into ¼-inch wide pieces, and then cut each slice in half again (don’t worry if bits splinter as you cut).
- Heat a dry skillet and dry-fry the slices of cheese until golden on both sides; this should take only a minute or so in a hot pan.
- Put the fried halloumi into the shallow dish of other ingredients as you go, and then turn the halloumi about t coat each piece before turning into a serving dish.
Simple, delicious way to serve halloumi cheese. Love the garlic oil and parsley.
Simply delicious, just delicious. I love Halloumi and these little bites did not disappoint. Loved the flavors mixed with the fried salty cheese. It was very very tasty, all the flavors blended perfectly together. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Comfort Cafe - Summer 09.