Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Bacon and cheese. Does it get much better?
Top Review by Larawithoutau
These were ridiculously simple and tasty too. I found that sticking them under the broiler for a few moments after the initial baking, crisped up the bacon and browned the cheese just a bit, delicious. I discovered halloumi in a restaurant and finally was able to locate a store that carried it. I will definitely make this again, but with a reduced sodium bacon next time as this was quite salty. Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the halloumi into 20 sticks.
- Stretch each slice of bacon with the back of a knife, then cut in half.
- Season the bacon with just black pepper, then sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Roll the bacon around the halloumi in a spiral and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until the bacon is brown and beginning to crisp.