1/1 Photo of Halloumi and Sprout Salad
This delicious and mild flavored cheese can withstand high heat and can be grilled or sauteed. I find it works really well on this slightly spicy sprout salad and is easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices halloumi cheese (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1heat oil in medium sauce pan.
- 2remove casings from sausage and add to pan.
- 3sautee while "crushing" with the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- 4add shallots and garlic, cook until fragrant, aprox 1 minute.
- 5deglaze the pan with chicken stock.
- 6add potatoes and sprouts and season to taste.
- 7reduce heat and allow to simmer uncovered until most of the liquid is gone (aprox 20-30 minutes, adding more liquid if potatoes are not fully cooked).
- 8add italian dressing at the last moment and just heat through.
- 9in small mixing bowl add flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper and set aside.
- 10in another small sauce pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 11dredge haloomi slices in flour mixture and add to pan.
- 12sautee cheese (2 minutes per side or until golden brown and slightly soft).
- 13add lemon juice.
- 14spoon 4 mounds of sprout mixture on the centre of 4 plates.
- 15using a spatula, place cheese on top of each mound.
- 16serve and wait for the ooohhhs and aaahhhhs.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloumi and Sprout Salad
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 152.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: