Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wicked flavour combination that will 'wow' your tastebuds
- 240 g halloumi cheese
- 100 g rannoch smokery cold smoked venison
- 1 ripe pear
- basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut the cheese into 12 slices.
- Place a slice of pear and a basil leaf on each slice and wrap in a slice of smoked venison.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, some shredded basil and a good grind of black pepper in a bowl.
- Brush the wrapped halloumi slices with the dressing and cook under a hot grill, turning at least once and basting as they cook.
- Cook till golden and serve with lemon wedges and basil garnish.