Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy, squeaky and salty! A must try! Grilled cheese and olives! You can serve with wedges of pita as an appetizer or straight off the skewers.
- 10 pieces one inch halloumi cheese, cubes
- 10 large pitted kalamata olives (extra large) or 10 olives, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons picked oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of, grilled
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 pita bread, grilled
- Brush the cheese and olives with olive oil and skewer alternating onto 4 skewers. Place onto a medium hot oiled grill for 2 minutes on each side, or until marked.
- Grill lemons cut side down till marked.
- Remove cheese and sprinkle with oregano. Remove lemons.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and squeeze the lemon juice over the cheese. Serve with grilled pita bread.
A very nice way to do haloumi! I liked the lemon juice / oregano combination, but I think I prefer it pan fried even though it's not as healthy as this recipe! This went very nicely with a meal of meatballs and salad, thanks for posting!
I'd never grilled halloumi before, but had been planning to try it for a while. Up to now I'd never quite had the nerve, but the World Tour and this recipe was a very good reason. Grilling halloumi works so well, and you can't go wrong with this combination of ingredients :-)