Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Gram, Hallie, made this dip every Christmas. I can't imagine a holiday without it. I now make it as she has passed on, and am sure my daughter will carry on the tradition as she loves it also. Simple to make, yummy to eat. Made similar to a tuna salad.
- 1 (7 ounce) can oysters, chopped finely (not smoked)
- 1 -2 hard-boiled egg, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 27 crackers, crumbled (use approx. 3/4 of a sleeve of butter crackers.)
- Mix all ingredients, refrigerate and serve on crackers.
- Tweak recipe as you desire on amount of egg and mayo.
- As Gram didn't have a real recipe, I just guessed and I am sure I never make it the same, but it is always delicious!