Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 fresh halibut fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced leek
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced asparagus or 1⁄4 cup zucchini
- 2 tablespoons diced carrots
- 2 teaspoons diced celery
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Lightly season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and saute' halibut until golden on both sides and fish is opaque in center.
- Remove fillets from pan and set aside on heated serving plates.
- Add diced leek, red pepper, asparagus, celery and carrot to the pan and saute' on high heat about 30 seconds.
- Add wine and butter to the vegetable mixture and continue saute'ing while moving the pan back and forth to prevent scorching.
- Continue saute'ing until a sauce is formed, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce around the halibut on each plate.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chipped chive.
This was absolutely delicious and so quick! I can\'t wait to use mahi mahi, tuna or any other fresh fish.