Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: Prevention (September 2011)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons katamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, chopped
- 4 halibut or 4 your favorite firm fish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat broilder.
- In a broiler-safe pan cook garlic in the oil over medium heat for one minute. Stir in tomatoes, olives and marjoram. Simmer for 5 minutes or until tomatoes have wilted a bit.
- Add fish to pan, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top fish with crumbs and broil until crumbs are golden and fish is done (2 minutes).
- Serve fish with sauce and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil if desired.
The sauce is delish, and as long as you have enough olives to get a bite with every piece of fish, no other seasoning is needed. But is you skimp on the olive, add a bit of salt to the fish. I also increased the garlic. If you like things spicier, add a bit of cayenne to the fish before topping with breadcrumbs. Quick and easy recipe. Delicious dinner tonight.