Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2007
- 4 lbs halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, premium
- 8 ounces kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons dried leaf basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coat halibut fillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium-low flame, heat the olive oil and add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute; do not let the garlic brown.
- Add tomatoes with any remaining puree, olives, capers and red pepper.
- Bring sauce to a brisk simmer and cook about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon sauce over fish and garnish with basil.